Description: Summer Matters at SCUSD is searching for highly motivated freshman, sophomore, and junior high school age students to serve as Ambassadors at our Elementary, Middle, and High School sites. We are looking for committed, reliable, and enthusiastic students for these leadership roles. Ambassadors will assist with projects and lead activities specific to their summer program site. At the end of the program Ambassadors will have the opportunity to earn five high school credits and a monetary stipend for their service and completion of project.
SOS Ambassador Qualifications:
- Be a current freshman, sophomore or junior at a SCUSD High School.
- Be available for interviews. Interviews will be conducted between April 8th – April 14th (excluding weekend).
- Commit to the entire 6-week SOS program from June 22nd – July 30th. (Programs run Monday-Thursday, 8AM-2PM).
- Attend the mandatory Ambassador Orientation on Saturday, April 18th, time TBD.
- Ambassador applicants should have participated in one Summer Matters experience.
SOS Ambassador Responsibilities/Duties:
· Assist with morning check-ins and meal delivery
· Assist assigned project/team lead with weekly deliverables
· Document daily activities as well as weekly journal and reflection
· Attend staff meetings at your summer site
- Plan, lead, and assist with activities including energizers and ice breakers
- Help students become familiar with their campus and school
- Complete assigned Ambassador Project
- Turn in completed Performance Evaluation
- Help each student get the maximum summer experience!
SOS Ambassador Benefits:
- Earn five high school credits
- Develop leadership skills
- Develop employment skills
- Receive a monetary stipend for your participation!
Application available here:
Application Deadline: April 3rd, 2015
Summer Hotline: (916) 643-7993